All goods and works carried out by The Engine Shop are sold subject to the terms and conditions of the following warranty:
1. This warranty applies for whichever of the following periods is shorter:
a) 12 months from the date of sale, or
b) until the vehicle has covered 12,000 miles since installation.
2. During the period of the warranty, The Engine Shop will make good any defect free of charge for labour or materials, so long as:
a) the gearbox has been fitted exactly in accordance with the Gearbox Fitting Instructions supplied with the gearbox and attached to this Warranty.
b) the defect is not caused either by misuse, neglect, accident, racing or speed trials, or by any modification, alteration, repair or attempted repair except for such as may have been carried out by The Engine Shop or by some other person with The Engine Shops written consent.
c) the defect is report to The Engine Shop in writing (or by telephone, confirmed in writing) immediately that the defect appears.
d) the gearbox must, as soon as practicable, be returned to The Engine Shop workshop for examination and for any necessary repair and replacement within the terms of this Warranty.
3. Any necessary repairs or maintenance (whether covered by this Warranty or not) should be carried out as soon as practicable and without further detriment to the condition of the gearbox.
All ancillary parts should always be maintained in good order.
4. In the event of any disagreement between the owner and The Engine Shop as to the nature or extent of the work for which The Engine Shop is liable under the terms of this warranty, the dispute may be resolved by an independent engineer to be agreed upon between the parties, the fees of such an independent engineer to be borne equally by the owner and The Engine Shop. Alternatively, the matter can be dealt with by seeking redress in the Courts.
5. The Engine Shop shall not be responsible for payment for any work or materials supplied, other than with The Engine Shops previous express written consent.
6. The Engine Shop shall not be responsible for any loss of earnings, cost of car hire, or any other consequential costs incurred including but not limited to towing, recovery, overnight accommodation.
7. Persons dealing with the re-manufacturers goods are not agents of the re-manufacturer and have no right or authority to bind it in any way not to assume on its behalf any obligations, express or implied.
8. No variation or modification of the terms of this Warranty shall be valid or binding unless it is in writing, signed by a responsible and authorised employee of The Engine Shop.
9. Throughout the period of this warranty, the owner shall maintain and service the vehicle in accordance with the original manufacturers recommendation.
10. This Warranty will not apply if the repair is necessitated as a result of fair wear and tear.
11. If a remanufactured gearbox is replaced under the terms of this Warranty, the replacement gearbox will be covered for the balance of the original guarantee.
12. This Warranty is applicable to mainland United Kingdom and Northern Ireland only; additional insurance cover is recommended when travelling abroad with the vehicle.
13. Nothing in the above warranty affects the customers statutory rights.
14. The Engine Shop reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of this Warranty from time to time without prior notification.